- Provides $5,000 to $15,000 to eligible buyers.
- 2nd Mortgage Loan, No Interest, No Monthly Payment, Repay at Sale or Refinance.
- Loan Benefits:
- $5,000...available to anyone that qualifies.
- $7,500...for Protectors, Educators, and Health Care workers.
- Protectors: MILITARY: Members of the five branches of the United States of America Armed Forces, including the Army National Guard and Air National Guard. Police, sheriff’s departments, correctional facilities and other law enforcement agencies such as highway patrol, also includes probation officers. All employees of FIRE DEPARTMENTS, EMS services and volunteer fire fighters.
- Educators: All employees of local, city, or county school boards recognized or accredited by the State of Georgia or Regionally Accredited Associations to include Head Start, Pre-K, Elementary, Middle and High Schools, Colleges, Private Schools, & state certified teachers of day care providers.
- HEALTH CARE, all employees of state licensed health care facilities including, but not limited to the following: Hospitals, Doctor & DeBntist offices, Health Departments, and Nursing Home.
- $15,000...Georgia Dream is offering a "Hardest Hit Fund".
- This is for specific counties hardest hit with serious delinquency, negative equity, distressed sales, and foreclosures. Included are Bibb, Chatham, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Douglas, and Muscogee.
- Funds forgiven after 5-years.
- Eligible Properties: Single family dwelling (attached or detached), condominiums, townhomes, and modular homes. Mobile or Manufactured homes are not eligible.
- Can be used with FHA, USDA, VA, and Conventional with 20% down.
- Non-Occupant Co-Borrowers are allowed.
- Income limits:
- Household income, of all parties 18+ yrs old.
- 1-2 persons $60,500 Statewide; $74,000 MSA (see below).
- 3+ persons $69,500 Statewide, $84,500 MSA (see below)
- MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Areas): Atlanta, Borrow, Bartow, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, Walton.
- $1,000 minimum buyer contribution.
- Credit 640+ required.
- First time buyers only, (has not owned a home in the past 3-years). Targeted Counties - don't have to be 1st time buyer, call for county list.
- Cannot have liquid assets of $20,000 or 20% of the sales price, (retirement funds are not included).
- For existing homes, no new construction.
- Primary residence only.
- Loan limit: $100,000 to $250,000 purchase price.
- Total debt ratios:
- Mid-score 700+ = AUS
- Mid-score 660 to 699 = 35/43
- Mid-score 640 to 659 = 28/36.
- Home buyer education is required, online course.
- 3-years tax returns are required.
- Cannot be combined with other DPA funds.
- Cannot have $20k or 20% of sales price in liquid funds. Gifts of substantial amounts are considered liquid assets. Stocks and other readily salable securities are considered liquid assets, unless they are restricted by IRA, 401(k) or other similar requirements. IRAs, 401(k) plans and other similarly qualified retirement accounts are not considered to be liquid assets.
- Must repay funds when home you refinance, sell, or convert to non-primary residence.
- Not required to be first time buyer.
- Up to 97% Conventional Loan, 30-Year Fixed, with Down Payment Assistance, and No Mortgage Insurance.
- Up to 4% 2nd to cover down payment and closing cost. Not forgivable.
- 660 minimum credit score.
- Primary residence only.
- Income for buyer qualification, up to 140% of the area median income limit. Search Here
- Homebuyer Education is required.
- Up to 50% Debt-to-Income.
- Not allowed: Non-occupant co-borrowers; Non-traditional credit; Manual underwriting; Temporary buydowns, Renovation.
AHA - Atlanta Housing Assistance
City of Augusta, DPA
City of Savannah Dream Maker Program
Clayton County NSP
Dekalb County First Time Homebuyers Program
Fulton County HOP
Invest Atlanta - AAHOP
Neighborhood Works Columbus, DPA
Guidelines change frequently, therefore, we do not guarantee accuracy. Above is provided as a reference, to be confirmed with our team. Subject to change without notice.